Safety is a team effort at Cress Gas Co. and we are committed to acting and working safely to protect you and your neighbors. Personnel receive training to help achieve an exemplary safety record, and Cress Gas Co. has adopted industry programs to safeguard propane use:
- Gas Check ® is an inspection program developed and funded by the National Propane Gas Association (NPGA) and the Propane Education & Research Council (PERC). It provides guidelines to technicians on how to perform two different types of residential safety inspections:
- A "Gas System Check" which can be completed on the gas delivery system, including containers, regulators, and appurtenances: and
- A "Gas Appliance System Check" which includes all of the items of a "Gas System Check" as well as all propane-burning appliances. Gas Check ® also educates homeowners on the safe use of propane and the maintenance of propane appliances.
- The Certified Employee Training Program (CETP) developed by NPGA and funded by PERC is a training program used extensively throughout the country by people involved in the handling of propane, equipment, and appliances.
Propane is a highly flammable gas. Carbon monoxide is a very dangerous gas that you cannot taste or smell. High levels of carbon monoxide can come from appliances that are not operating correctly or from a venting system or chimney that becomes blocked. For your safety, read and share the following Consumer Safety information with people in your home and other properties that you own, and with your workplace employees.
Click on the links below to read and print this important information. Keep copies in a convenient place.
Consumer Safety Information:
- Propane Safety [PDF, 11.9MB]
- Carbon Monoxide Safety Information [PDF, 1.5MB]
- Important Propane Safety Information for you and your family [PDF, 2MB]
- Important Propane Safety Information for users of small cylinders [PDF, 4.3MB]
- Important Information About Propane Safety and Winter Storms [PDF, 561KB]
- Important Information About Propane Safety and Earthquakes [PDF, 546KB]
- Important Information About Propane Safety and Extreme Heat [PDF, 546KB]
- Important Information About Propane Safety and Floods [PDF, 588KB]
- Important Information About Propane Safety and Hurricanes [PDF, 604KB]
- Important Information About Propane Safety and Power Outages [PDF, 556KB]
- Important Information About Propane Safety and Thunderstorms [PDF, 509KB]
- Important Information About Propane Safety and Tornadoes [PDF, 532KB]
- Important Information About Propane Safety and Wildfires [PDF, 576KB]
The Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) [PDF, 1.5MB] explains the chemical makeup of propane, as well as the personal protective measures to take when handling propane and the steps to take in case of accidental exposure to propane.
Copies of the above Consumer Safety Information can be obtained from Cress Gas Co by calling 1-800-427-8010.